About Me

I am currently a student at the University of South Alabama. I transferred to this school in January 2010 after completing two years at Southeastern Louisiana University. At Southeastern Louisiana University, I was majoring in Early Childhood Education. At the University of South Alabama, I am working towards getting my degree in Elementary Education and Early Childhood Education. I want to become a Pre-K teacher once I graduate.

Being a Life Long Learner

I feel that everyone should be life long learners, however it is very important for teachers to be life long learners. Being a life long learner means to continue to learn throughout one's life, even after they are out of school. Learning is an opportunity to challenge and better oneself. It is important for teachers to continue to learn because teaching is a profession that is always changing. Teachers need to learn right along side their students and can even learn things from their students. It is important for a teacher to model the learning process for their students through their own learning. This will help their own students become even better learners. There are many ways that teachers can continue to learn. Teachers can learn through their colleagues, students, research, classes, and making connections with other professionals around the world through networking. I plan to continue my learning after I graduate through all of these ways plus more. I feel as though learning never ends and it is very important for me to continue to do as much as possible to expand my knowledge.