About Me

I am currently a student at the University of South Alabama. I transferred to this school in January 2010 after completing two years at Southeastern Louisiana University. At Southeastern Louisiana University, I was majoring in Early Childhood Education. At the University of South Alabama, I am working towards getting my degree in Elementary Education and Early Childhood Education. I want to become a Pre-K teacher once I graduate.

Why I've Choosen to be a Teacher

I believe that teaching is one of the most important professions that there is. Teachers shape the way of the future in more ways than one. Every student that comes into our classroom is someone that will be out in the world one day with their very own profession and goals. It is our job to provide these future leaders with an education that can get them wherever they want to go. It is our job to get those that aren't excited to be excited. We need to be creative and innovative and do whatever it takes to make sure that our students are a success in school and have the potential to be a success when they enter their career. Teachers should never underestimate their influence on their students, and I believe by entering the profession you should be willing to give it your best to help your students succeed. Many people believe teaching is an easy profession; however it is not, a teacher has to have a love and passion for what they do. I plan on doing these things and that is why I have chosen to be a teacher. I believe in my students and in return I want to help them to learn to believe in themselves.