About Me

I am currently a student at the University of South Alabama. I transferred to this school in January 2010 after completing two years at Southeastern Louisiana University. At Southeastern Louisiana University, I was majoring in Early Childhood Education. At the University of South Alabama, I am working towards getting my degree in Elementary Education and Early Childhood Education. I want to become a Pre-K teacher once I graduate.

My Teaching Philosophy

I believe that there are several important parts that make up a great teacher. A teacher never stops learning and should use that continuous knowledge in every way possible. Respect is always an important part of teaching, even with a class of very young children. Teachers should respect their students, their students' families, and their colleagues. Teachers are a role model to every one of their students and to other students. Teachers should always be honest to everyone they work with and set the best example that they can. A good teacher will bring out the strengths of each student and make each student feel good about themselves. A teacher should always help a student as needed. The learning environment in the classroom should be comfortable, fun, positive, and interesting so that each student can learn at their highest potential. All teachers should be creative to keep the students interested and make them eager to learn. Last but not least, I think teachers should enjoy their job! It reflects on how they teach and how the students learn.