About Me

I am currently a student at the University of South Alabama. I transferred to this school in January 2010 after completing two years at Southeastern Louisiana University. At Southeastern Louisiana University, I was majoring in Early Childhood Education. At the University of South Alabama, I am working towards getting my degree in Elementary Education and Early Childhood Education. I want to become a Pre-K teacher once I graduate.

Using Technology in the Classroom

Technology is used all the time in everyday life, much more than what people realize. There are advances in technology everyday and children start using technology younger and younger everyday. This means that technology needs to be incorporated into all aspects of our lives, especially in our schools. If students do not learn technology in school, when they get a job that uses technology they will be lost. Children are starting to teach themselves whether they learn it in school or not and technology is what holds their interest. It is better to use technology in the classroom and keep them interested, than it is to have them bored and not learning anything. There are many ways technology can be used in the classroom. Some of them include blogs, iTunesU, Skype, podcasts, videocasts, and Smart-boards. I plan to use all of these technological tools in my classroom to help my students enjoy their learning experience.