About Me

I am currently a student at the University of South Alabama. I transferred to this school in January 2010 after completing two years at Southeastern Louisiana University. At Southeastern Louisiana University, I was majoring in Early Childhood Education. At the University of South Alabama, I am working towards getting my degree in Elementary Education and Early Childhood Education. I want to become a Pre-K teacher once I graduate.

Teaching Strategies in the Classroom

A teacher has to have strategies to make the classroom a successful place. They cannot just go into the classroom with no plans or strategies on how to teach the children. One strategy that I plan on using is open communication. I believe that there should be open lines of communication between teachers, students, and families. Another strategy that I plan on using is family involvement. I believe that teachers should try to involve families in every way possible. I think it is important to the student's learning for their family to be involved, it promotes self-esteem which promotes learning. One more strategy that I plan on using is hands-on learning. I feel that students learn better by doing things themselves than they do by being taught out of a book. I think that if students can see what is being learned for themselves, they will learn it quicker. These are just a few of the strategies that I plan on using in my future classroom.