About Me

I am currently a student at the University of South Alabama. I transferred to this school in January 2010 after completing two years at Southeastern Louisiana University. At Southeastern Louisiana University, I was majoring in Early Childhood Education. At the University of South Alabama, I am working towards getting my degree in Elementary Education and Early Childhood Education. I want to become a Pre-K teacher once I graduate.

Creativity in the Classroom

Creativity is a very important part of the classroom. It is important for teachers to be creative and for teachers to motivate their students to be creative. Every lesson that is taught should be creative, students will get bored if all of the lessons are the same and predictable. Students should be excited to learn and this can happen only if the lessons interest them. Keeping lessons interesting help students remember the information as well. Teachers should also motivate their students to be creative in everything that they do. This includes everything they do in and out of class, from art to writing. Children need to have their teacher motivate them and praise them on their work. Creativity is an integral part of children's lives and that should be displayed. I plan on using creativity in my lesson plans and motivating my students to be as creative as they can be.