About Me

I am currently a student at the University of South Alabama. I transferred to this school in January 2010 after completing two years at Southeastern Louisiana University. At Southeastern Louisiana University, I was majoring in Early Childhood Education. At the University of South Alabama, I am working towards getting my degree in Elementary Education and Early Childhood Education. I want to become a Pre-K teacher once I graduate.

Making Connections Around the World

It is very important for children to have connections all over the world, so that they can learn about all different cultures. It is important for the teacher to incorporate different perspectives and the ideas of others into their classroom. They can do this by communicating with different teachers and classes all around the world. There are many ways that they can do this, two of which are blogs and Skype. I plan on using both of these in my classroom to communicate with teachers and classes around the world. Every child learns differently and they could learn something from another teacher better, so I could then get tips from them on how to teach that particular child. This will also allow students to learn things that they may have never learned otherwise. Students need to learn about all different cultures not just their own because there are many cultures just where they live and even more in the world and who knows where they will be living when they grow up. Making connections around the world can make the classroom a diverse and interesting in many different ways.